- Take a trip to our office to discuss your property requirements with one of our knowledgeable lettings negotiators. Alternatively, you could give us a call on 020 7377 5600, or visit our website www.claremontestates.co.uk to view our wide array of properties.
- Register your details, providing us with many ways to contact you. Tell us as much information as possible as this will help us find the right property for you. Details such as budget, locations of interest, whether you are looking for furnished or unfurnished, move in date should be provided as well as any other requirements that you may have. Our consultants will discuss with you a number of suitable properties based on your search criteria. You may find it easier to register your details through our website to receive property alerts by email.
- Having seen something you like, arrange a viewing by calling our office
- One of our experienced letting negotiators will accompany you to the viewing and will answer any questions you may have.
- Once you have found your ideal home, we will need take your offer in writing by completing an Offer form. We will need to know the move in date, the length of contract, the rental amount and any other special conditions you may have. We recommend you make a realistic offer and be willing to negotiate. A holding deposit is required to stop viewings whilst your offer is being negotiated.
- Once your offer has been accepted, we will require the following prior to the commencement of the tenancy:
Photo ID – Copy of passport or driving license.
References – You will need to provide a previous landlord reference, a character reference, a work reference and recent bank statements.
A credit referencing company may also be used to assist in referencing.
Move in monies – This consists of:
- 1) Rent – this amount is usually 1 months’ rent paid in advance
- 2) Security deposit – This is held until the end of the tenancy against damages, loss of contents and dilapidations. This amount is refunded at the end of the tenancy, minus any agreed deductions made for damages to the property during the tenancy.
- 3) Administration fee
- Tenancy Agreement – To be read and signed by all tenants moving in to the property
- A standing order needs to be set up for future rental payments.
- Collect the keys to your new property from our office, along with your welcome pack including all the important documents you may need, such as your copy of the tenancy agreement, landlords contact details and inventory.
- Notify all service providers, such as gas, electricity, water and council tax that you have moved into the property and redirect your mail.
- You are now ready to enjoy your new home.
- If you want to renew your contract, please contact our dedicated property management team on 020 7377 5600, or email us on email@example.com
- If you want to look for a new property, please notify us to help you with your new property search.
- Have the property professionally cleaned on leaving. We can recommend reputable cleaning companies.
- On move out day, drop your keys into our office. Notify all service providers that you are moving and provide them with a forwarding address. Property management must also be provided with your forwarding address so that arrangements can be made regarding the return of your deposit.